[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mulford Biological Exploration

Dear STAMAsters,

Please excuse cross-postings.

On Fri, 6 Dec 1996 11:26:31 EST John Muffler <arch@NYBG.ORG> wrote:
---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
> Sender:       Archives & Archivists <ARCHIVES@MIAMIU.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU>
> Poster:       John Muffler <arch@NYBG.ORG>
> Subject:      Mulford Biological Exploration

---

>           I am researching the Mulford Biological Exploration of the
>           Amazon Basin (1921-1922).  The trip was reported to have
>           been the most ambitious and well equipped scientific
>           expedition ever to set sail for South America at that time.
>            The trip was financed by the Mulford Pharmaceutical Company
>           (Philadelphia). The expedition was led by Henry Hurd Rusby
>           and comprised mainly of Americans except for the Bolivians
>           who joined the team in South America and the expeditions
>           quatermaster and photographer, Gordon Macreagh.  I would
>           appreciate hearing from anyone who may know where to locate
>           material on the subject or additional papers of Drs. Rusby,
>           Pearson, Mann, White, Hoffmann or the films of Macreagh.
>           I would love to hear from you and you could respond to me
>           directly and sfraser@nybg.org

*   Gavan McCarthy - Director
*    Australian Science Archives Project
*     University of Melbourne
*       203 Bouverie Street
*        Carlton, Vic. 3053 Australia
*         gavan@asap.unimelb.edu.au
*          Phone: +61 3 9344 9287 Fax: +61 3 9349 4630
*           ASAPWeb! on http://www.asap.unimelb.edu.au/
* ------->Recovering Science and Technology in Australia