PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
HOGG, Arthur Robert
Born Creswick, Victoria, 25 November 1903; died Canberra 31 March 1966. Education University of Melbourne (B.Sc. 1925, M.Sc. 1926, D.Sc. 1950). Assistant supervisor of research, Broken Hill Associate Smelters, Port Pirie, S.A., 1927-29. Assistant, Mt. Stromlo Observatory, 1929-61; deputy director, 1961-66. Physicist, Munitions Supply Laboratories, Maribyrnong, 1940-46. F.A.A. 1954.
- Aitken condensation nuclei. Nature, 128 (1931), 908.
- Rate of ionisation of the atmosphere. Nature, 133 (1934), 175.
- Atmospheric electric observations. Gerlands Beitrage zür Geophysik, 41 (1934), 1-31.
- Some observations of the average life of small ions and atmospheric ionisation equilibria. Gerlands Beitrage zür Geophysik, 41 (1934), 32-55.
- Continuous observations of the rate of production of small ions in the atmosphere. Gerlands Beitrage zür Geophysik, 43 (1935), 359-378.
- The mobility of the small ions of the atmosphere. Gerlands Beitrage zür Geophysik, 47 (1936), 31-59.
- (Abstract) Some observations on cosmic ray intensity. Australian and New Zealand Association for the Advancement of Science. Report of the Meeting., 23 (Auckland, 1937), 20.
- The conduction of electricity in the lowest levels of the atmosphere. Australia. Commonwealth Solar Observatory, Mt. Stromlo. Memoirs., No.7 (March 1939), 24pp.
- The intermediate ions of the atmosphere. Physical Society, London. Proceedings., 51 (1939), 1014-1027.
- Cosmic radiation and magnetic storms. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 46 (1941), 51-56.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS