PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
KERNOT, William Charles
Born Rochford, Essex, England, 16 June 1845; died Melbourne 14 March 1909. Education, University of Melbourne (B.A. 1864, M.A. 1866, Cert. Civil Engin. 1866, M.C.E. 1898). Victorian Department of Mines 1865-66. Engineer, Victorian water supply department, 1867-75. Lecturer in engineering, University of Melbourne, 1868-82; professor 1883-1909.
- Notes on the design of telescope tubes. Royal Society of Victoria. Transactions and Proceedings., 14 (1877), 20-25.
- On the best form for a balance-beam. Royal Society of Victoria. Transactions and Proceedings., 17 (1880), 19-22.
- On lightning conductors. Royal Society of Victoria. Transactions and Proceedings., 23 (1886), 111-117.
- Notes on the barometric measurement of heights. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 2 (1890), 78-81.
- On the designing of transit instruments. Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science. Report of Meeting., 2 (Melbourne, 1890), 366-368.
- On the best form for a balance beam. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 7 (1895), 141-142.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS