PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
HOPPER, Victor David
Born Ramsgate, England, 12 May 1913. Education University of Melbourne (B.Sc. 1937, M.Sc. 1938, D.Sc. 1949). Lecturer of physics University of Western Australia, 1939; University of Melbourne 1940-47. Syme Prize 1943 (shared). Senior lecturer in physics, University of Melbourne, 1947-57; reader, 1957-61. Professor of physics, R.A.A.F. Academy, Point Cook, 1961-78; Dean of University Students, 1961-80.
- (With T.H. Laby) The electronic charge. Nature, 143 (1939), 157-158.
- (With T.H. Laby) A novel thermostat. Nature, 143 (1939), 240.
- (With T.H. Laby) The electronic charge. Nature, 145 (1940), 932-933.
- (With T.H. Laby) The electronic charge. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 178 (1941), 243-272.
- Thermostats employing external surface control. (With introduction by T.H. Laby). Physical Society, London. Proceedings., 54 (1942), 55-62.
- Magnetic ions. Physical Review, S.2, 65 (1944), 93-94.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS