PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
Born Portarlington, County Leix, Ireland, 16 September 1900; died Sydney 25 April 1959. Education St. Patrick's College, Maynooth, Ireland (B.Sc. 1921). D.Sc. Sydney University 1948. Cancer Research Committee Physicist, Sydney University, 1928-33. Demonstrator in physics at Sydney University 1937-41; Research Fellow 1942-45; lecturer 1946-58. Research physicist (p/t), C.S.I.R. Radio Research Board, 1938-45.
- (With H.L. Brose) The motion of electrons in ethylene. Philosophical Magazine, S.7, 6 (1928), 817-824.
- The Sydney radon purifying apparatus. Health, 8 (Cancer Supplement 4), (1930), 73-77.
- Radon. Sydney. University. Cancer Research Committee. Journal., 2 (1930), 35-41.
- Purification of radon. Sydney. University. Cancer Research Committee. Journal., 3 (1931), 86-89.
- (With A.J. Higgs, D.F. Martyn and G.H. Munro) The association of meteorological changes with variations of ionization in the F**2 region of the ionosphere. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 174 (1940), 298-309.
- (With A.J. Higgs and G.H. Munro) Magnetic disturbances and region F**2 of the ionosphere. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 46 (1941), 61-69.
- A large capacity metal stopcock. Journal of Scientific Instruments, 19 (1942), 140.
- An accurate high sensitivity apiezon oil McLeod gauge. Review of Scientific Instruments, 14 (1943), 6-10.
- Reducing the reflection of light from polished glass. Australian Journal of Science, 5 (1943), 179-184.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS