PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
BROWN, Edward Byam
Born Strathdownie, Victoria, 31 July 1880; died Melbourne 16 May 1966. Education Melbourne University (M.Sc. 1911, D.Sc. 1926) and City & Guilds College, London (A.C.G.I. 1905). General Electric Co., Schenectady, N.Y., 1905-07. Lecturer in mathematics & physics, Melbourne University 1908-11; lecturer in electrical engineering 1911-29; Associate professor 1930-46.
- Technical thermometry. Society of Chemical Industry of Victoria. Proceedings., 8 (1908), 36-54.
- Measurement of magnetic flux. Electrical Association of Australia. Proceedings., 1 (1914-15), 18-23.
- An electrical paradox. Electrical Association of Australia. Proceedings., 4 (1919), 48-53.
- The calibration of wavemeters by means of a tuning-fork controlled valve oscillator. Institution of Engineers, Australia. Transactions., 6 (1925), 176-193.
- The quadrature tachometer. Institution of Electrical Engineers. Journal., 84 (1939), 499-502.
- The quadrature and quadraflux tachometers. Institution of Engineers, Australia. Journal., 11 (1939), 417-419.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS