PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
COLE, William Frederick
Born Narrogin, Western Australia, 26 July 1917. Education University of Western Australia (B.Sc. 1939, M.Sc. 1941, D.Sc. 1969) and Cambridge University (Ph.D. 1949). Radium officer, Radon Laboratory, University of Western Australia, 1941. Physicist, Munitions Supply Laboratories, Maribyrnong, 1942-46. Hackett research student, Cambridge University 1946-49. Research physicist, C.S.I.R.O. Division Building Research, 1949-82; Research Fellow 1982-84.
- (With J. Shearer) Analysis of soil colloids by x-ray diffraction methods. Royal Society of Western Australia. Journal., 26 (1939-40), 121-131.
- (With J. Shearer) X-ray analysis of some Tasmanian soil colloids. Royal Society of Western Australia. Journal., 26 (1939-40), 133-137.
- (With C.S. Gloe) The geology and physiography of the Malkup area. Royal Society of Western Australia. Journal., 26 (1939-40), 139-171.
- Results of a microscopic study of some soil colloids. Royal Society of Western Australia. Journal., 27 (1940-41), 1-7.
- X-ray analysis (by the powder method) and microscopic examination of the products of weathering of the Gingin Upper Greensandied Royal Society of Western Australia. Journal., 27 (1940-41), 229-243.
- (With R.T. Prider) The alteration products of olivine and leucite in the leucite-lamproites from the West Kimberley area, Western Australia. American Mineralogist, 27 (1942), 373-384.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS