PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
HEALEY, Reginald Henry
Born Sydney 4 July 1912; died Adelaide 31 July 1961. Education University of Sydney (M.Sc. 1934, D.Sc. 1939). Demonstrator in physics, University of Sydney, 1935. Physicist, A.W.A. Ltd., 1936-38; A.W. Valve Co., 1938-45. Senior lecturer in physics at University of Sydney 1946-49. Lecturer in electronic engineering, South Australian School of Mines, 1957-59; Senior lecturer 1959-61.
- (With V.A. Bailey) The behaviour of electrons in chlorine. Philosophical Magazine, S.7, 19 (1935), 725-746.
- The influence of the radiation field from an electrical storm on the ionization density of the ionosphere. Philosophical Magazine, S.7, 21 (1936), 187-198.
- The Wagner earth. A.W.A. Technical Review, 2 (1936), 88-91.
- (With J.W. Reed) Low pressure measurements by means of the ionization gauge. A.W.A. Technical Review, 3 (1937), 35-48.
- The effect of a thunderstorm on the upper atmosphere. A.W.A. Technical Review, 3 (1938), 215-227.
- (With E.G. Bailey) Some aspects of valve manufacture in Australia. World Radio Convention. Proceedings. (Sydney, 1938), paper no.20.
- The behaviour of electrons in iodine vapour. Philosophical Magazine, S.7, 26 (1938), 940-953; A.W.A. Technical Review, 4 (1939), 2l-33.
- (With C.B. Kirkpatrick) The behaviour of electrons in oxygen. A.W.A. Technical Review, 5 (194l), 155-164.
- (With J.K. Mackenzie) A note on the evaluation of Riemann's zeta function. A.W.A. Technical Review, 6 (1943), 125-141.
- (With J.W. Reed) The behaviour of slow electrons in gases: an account of diffusion methods together with a comparison between results obtained by these and by various other methods. Sydney: Amalgamated Wireless (Australasia) Ltd., 1941. xii + 179pp.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS