PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
LUSBY, Sydney Gordon
Born Sydney 26 January 1885; died Brisbane 20 February 1973. Education, Sydney University (B.A. 1906, M.A. 1908) and Cavendish Laboratory Cambridge (B.A. 1911). Lecturer in mathematics, Sydney University 1908. Lecturer in physics, University of Queensland 1912-22; assistant professor 1922-46, Associate professor 1947-55.
- (With T. Ewing) The rate of decay of the excited radioactivity from the atmosphere in Sydney. Royal Society of New South Wales. Journal and Proceedings., 40 (1906), 158-160.
- Contribution to the experimental study of the large ions in the air. Royal Society of New South Wales. Journal and Proceedings., 43 (1909), 55-60.
- Some experiments on ionisation in dried air. Cambridge Philosophical Society. Proceedings., 15 (1910), 459-464.
- The mobility of the positive flame ion. Cambridge Philosophical Society. Proceedings., 16 (1911), 26-34.
- The mobility of the positive ion in flames. Philosophical Magazine, S.6, 22 (1911), 775-791.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS