PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
MYERS, David Milton
Born Sydney 5 June 1911. Education, Sydney University (B.Sc. 1931, B.E. 1933, D.Eng.Sc. 1936) and Oxford University 1934-36; D. University, La Trobe University, 1976. Research officer, C.S.I.R. Radio Research Board 1936; Research Fellow in electrical engineering, Sydney University, 1937-38. Head, electrotechnology section, National Standards Laboratory, C.S.I.R., 1938-45; Chief, Division Electrotechnology, C.S.I.R., 1945-49. Professor of electrical engineering, Sydney University, 1949-59. Dean of applied science, University of British Columbia, 1960-65. Vice-Chancellor of La Trobe University, 1965-76.
- Some mechanical aids to calculation. Institution of Engineers, Australia. Journal., 8 (1936), 423-428.
- (With D.R. Hartree and A. Porter) The effect of space-charge on the secondary current in a triode. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 158 (1937), 23-37.
- The division of primary electron current between grid and anode of a triode. Physical Society, London. Proceedings., 49 (1937), 264-278.
- An integraph for the solution of differential equations of the second order. Journal of Scientific Instruments, 16 (1939), 209-222.
- (With W.K. Clothier) A valve wattmeter. Journal of Scientific Instruments, 16 (1939), 302-309.
- (With W.K. Clothier) An oscillographic technique for measurements in a network analyser. Institution of Electrical Engineers. Journal., 85 (1939), 639-645.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS