PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
ODDIE, Thomas Harold
Born Ballarat, Victoria, 19 July 1911. Education, University of Melbourne (B.Sc. 1932, M.Sc. 1933, D.Sc. 1944). Physicist, Commonwealth X-Ray and Radium Laboratory, 1933-40. Engineer, Philips Electricity Industries 1940-47. Officer-in-charge, C.S.I.R./O. Tracer Elements Investigation, 1947-52. Assistant professor of radiology, University of Arkansas, U.S.A., 1953-55. Associate professor of physics, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, North Carolina, 1955-56. Research physicist, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney, 1957-60. Research physicist, University of Arkansas Medical Center, 1960-64; professor of radiology 1964-74. Research fellow, U.C.L.A. Harbor General Hospital, Torrance, California, 1974-.
- (With C.E. Eddy) [Appendix to W.G. Kannuluik's article, 'The thermal and electrical conductivities of several metals between -183° and 100°']. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 141 (1933), 167-168.
- (With A.T. Pugsley and C.E. Eddy) The action of x-rays on certain bacteria. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, B, 118 (1935), 276-298.
- The efficiency of separation of hydrogen and deuterium by electrolysis. Physical Society, London. Proceedings., 47 (1935), 1060-1067.
- (With C.E. Eddy) Physical aspects of radium and radon therapy. Canberra: Commonwealth Department of Health, 1936. 60pp. (Second edition, 1939).
- Variation of doses adjacent to certain arrangements of intra-uterine radon tubes. British Journal of Radiology, N.S., 9 (1936), 805-817.
- A method for the routine purification of radon. British Journal of Radiology, N.S., 10 (1937), 348-359.
- Radium and radon containers for medical use. Science Review, 1 (1937), 35-37.
- (With W.G. Cuscaden) A dosage system of cervical cancer. Medical Journal of Australia, (December 1937), 1112-1121.
- (With W.G. Cuscaden) Treatment of carcinoma of the corpus uteri with radon applicators. Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the British Empire, 46 (1939), 289-300.
- The gamma-ray measurement of radium. Physical Society, London. Proceedings., 51 (1939), 905-931.
- The gamma-ray measurement of radon. British Journal of Radiology, N.S., 12 (1939), 686-691.
- A note on dosage data for radium therapy. British Journal of Radiology, N.S., 13 (1940), 389-392.
- Magnetic measurements on iron powders. Journal of Scientific Instruments, 21 (1944), 154-158.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS