PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
SUTTON, Theodore Carlton
Born Melbourne 1 January 1887; died Melbourne 15 November 1976. Education, University of Melbourne (B.Sc. 1909, M.Sc. 1910, D.Sc. 1947). Research scholar, University of Melbourne 1914-16. Research scientist, Royal Arsenal, Woolwich, England, 1919-48.
- On the mechanism of molecular action. (A contribution to the kinetic theory of gases.) Philosophical Magazine, S.6, 28 (1914), 798-808.
- The van der Waals formula (and the latent heat of vaporization). Philosophical Magazine, S.6, 29 (1915), 593-599.
- Photo-electric constant and atomic heat. Philosophical Magazine, S.6, 29 (1915), 734-736.
- A determination of the heat of vaporisation of water at 100°. and one atmosphere pressure in terms of the mean calorie. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 93 (1916-17), 155-176.
- On the value of the mechanical equivalent of heat. Philosophical Magazine, (1918), 27-29.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS