PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
GIOVANELLI, Ronald Gordon
Born Grafton, N.S.W., 30 April 1915; died Sydney 27 January 1984. Education Sydney University (B.Sc. 1937, M.Sc. 1939, D.Sc. 1950). Fellow of the Commonwealth Solar Observatory, Mt. Stromlo, 1937-39. C.S.I.R. research scholar, National Physics Laboratory, U.K., 1940-41. Research physicist, National Standards Laboratory, 1941-58; Chief, Division of Physics, C.S.I.R.O., 1958-76; Senior Research Fellow, Division of Applied Physics, 1976-84. F.A.A. 1962.
- Energy distributions in the spectra of some gaseous discharge tubes. Royal Society of New South Wales. Journal and Proceedings., 70 (1936), 392-401.
- Greek science before the Christian era. Laboratory Journal of Australasia, 1 (1937), 57-60.
- (With A.J. Higgs) Recent solar eruptions, auroras, and magnetic storms. Nature, 141 (1938), 746.
- Eruptive prominences and ionospheric disturbances. Astrophysical Journal, 88 (1938), 204-205.
- The relations between eruptions and sunspots. Astrophysical Journal, 89 (1939), 555-567.
- (With A.J. Higgs) The association of radio fade-outs with solar eruptions. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 44 (1939), 181-187.
- The motion of eruptive prominences. Astrophysical Journal, 91 (1940), 83-90.
- Solar eruptions. Astrophysical Journal, 91 (1940), 334-349.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS