PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
GRAYSON, Henry Joseph
Born Worrall, Yorkshire, England, 9 May 1856; died Clyde, Victoria, 21 March 1918. Nurseryman, Melbourne, 1887-98. Laboratory assistant in geology at Melbourne University 1898-1909; Research fellow 1909-12; Research fellow in natural philosophy 1912-18. Syme Prize 1917.
- Diatoms: notes on their collection, cleaning and mounting. Victoria Naturalist, 9 (1892), 102-111.
- Note on microscopical test rulings. Victoria Naturalist, 11 (1895), 163-164.
- (Abstract) On the production of micrometric and diffraction rulings. Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science. Report of Meeting., 8 (Melbourne, 1900), 183-191.
- (Abstract) On the production of micrometric and diffraction rulings. Microscope, 1(12) (1909), 4-11; Royal Microscopical Society, London. Journal., (1910), 239-243.
- (With D.J. Mahony) The geology of the Camperdown and Mt. Elephant districts. Victoria. Geological Survey. Memoirs., no.9 (1910). 26pp. + 15 plates.
- Modern improvements in rock section cutting apparatus. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 23 (1910), 65-81.
- Description of a new dividing engine for ruling diffraction gratings. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 30 (1917-18), 44-95.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS