PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
AICKIN, Robert Geoffrey
Born Melbourne 20 June 1914; died Banbury, Oxfordshire, England, 8 April 1983. Education Melbourne University (B.Sc. 1935, M.Sc. 1936) and Leeds University (Ph.D. 1943). Chemist, Shell Petroleum Co., Melbourne, 1938-41; Shell U.K. Ltd., 1941-74; regional co-ordinator, Shell International Chemical Co. Ltd. 1960-68; managing director Associated Octel Co. Ltd. 1968-74.
- Continuous absorption spectra - some experimental methods. Australian Chemical Institute. Journal and Proceedings., 3 (1936), 206-211.
- (With A.P. Acton and N.S. Bayliss) The continuous absorption spectrum of bromine: a new interpretation. Journal of Chemical Physics, 4 (1936), 474-479.
- The detection of bromide and iodide in the presence of large quantities of chloride. Australian Chemical Institute. Journal and Proceedings., 4 (1937), 267-269.
- (With N.S. Bayliss) The continuous absorption spectrum of chlorine in the region 4000-5000 A. Faraday Society, London. Transactions., 33 (1937), 1333-1338.
- (With N.S. Bayliss) The absorption spectrum of bromine vapour in the region 3400 A. to 2200 A. Faraday Society, London. Transactions., 34 (1938), 1371-1374.
- (With N.S. Bayliss and A.L.G. Rees) The effect of solvents on the continuous absorption spectrum of bromine. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A, 169 (1938), 234-245.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS