PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
SEATON, Stuart Luman
Born Kirkwood, Missouri, U.S.A., 16 November 1906. Education, University of Maryland, 1932-34. Electrical design draftsman, Potomac Electrical Power Co., Washington, D.C., 1922-29. Magnetic observer, Department of Terrestrial Magnetism, Carnegie Institution of Washington, 1929-46; Assistant, Watheroo Magnetic Observatory, 1935-38. B.S., University of Alaska, 1942; Sc.D. 1949. Physicist, U.S. Department of the Air Force, 1946-48. Director of the Geophysics Institute, University Alaska, 1948-50. President of Geosciences Incorporated 1950-54. Geophysics consultant 1954-57. Consultant, U.S. Continental Army Command, Ft. Monroe, 1957-62. Technical assistant, instrument research division, NASA Langley Research Center 1962-72.
- Characteristics of the upper region of the ionosphere. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 41 (1936), 173-184.
- Note on ionospheric disturbance of November 3 and 4, 1936. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 41 (1936), 407.
- (With L.V. Berkner and H.W. Wells) New factors in investigation of the ionosphere. American Geophysical Union. Transactions., 17 (1936), 178-182.
- (With H.W. Wells and H.E. Stanton) Ionospheric observations: eclipse of June 8, 1937. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 43 (1938), 37-40.
- (With J.W. Green, T.K. Hogan, L. Prior and N. Chamberlain) Note on solar eruption of October 1, 1937, at Watheroo Magnetic Observatory. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 43 (1938), 81.
- (With T.K. Hogan) Note on ionospheric disturbance at Watheroo Magnetic Observatory, June 23, 1937. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 43 (1938), 90.
- Radio fade-outs at Huancayo and Watheroo magnetic observatories, February 1937 through June 1938. Terrestrial Magnetism and Atmospheric Electricity, 43 (1938), 463-466.
- A final amplifier tuning-matching coupling system. QST, 22 (6) (June 1938), 36.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS