PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (email@example.com)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
STEELE, William Huey
Born Portarlington, Victoria, 1867; died Melbourne 19 June 1950. Education, University of Melbourne (B.A. 1890, M.A. 1892) and Theological Hall, Ormond College, Melbourne, 1898-1900. 1851 Exhibition scholar 1891-93. Lecturer in technical electricity, Ballarat School of Mines, Victoria, 1894-97. Ordained minister of the Presbyterian Church 1901. Moderator, Presbyterian Church, Western Australia 1916; Presbyterian Church, Victoria 1935.
- On the conductivity of a solution of copper sulphate. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 5 (1892), 134-140; (abstract) Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science. Report of Meeting., 4 (Hobart, 1892), 256-257.
- Physical constants of thallium. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 5 (1892), 193-199.
- Thermo-electric diagrams for some pure metals. Australasian Association for the Advancement of Science. Report of Meeting., 5 (Adelaide, 1893), 302-305.
- A new thermoelectric phenomenon. Royal Society of Victoria. Proceedings., 6 (1893), 120-132.
- Thermoelectric diagram for some pure metals. Philosophical Magazine, S.5, 37 (1894), 218-226.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS