PHYSICS IN AUSTRALIA TO 1945
Inquiries and corrections to R.W. Home (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WWW edition prepared by Tim Sherrat and Victoria Young for Bright Sparcs, June 1995
STEPHENS, John Gower
Born Hazelbrook, N.S.W., 6 May 1898; deceased. Education, Sydney University (B.Sc. 1919, M.B. 1924, Ch.M. 1925, M.D. 1941) and Cambridge University (D.M.R. & E. 1926). Research fellow in medicine, Sydney University 1924-25, 1926-27. Radiotherapist, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, 1928-38. Vice-Principal of St. Andrew's College, Sydney University, 1929-35; Research fellow 1939-55.
- A new method of measuring molecular weights. Royal Society of New South Wales. Journal and Proceedings., 53 (1919), 166-170.
- (With H. Florey) An investigation of the immediate effects of x-rays on living animal tissues. British Journal of Experimental Pathology, 6 (1925), 269-275.
- The principles of the radiation therapy of malignant disease. Sydney. University. Cancer Research Committee. Journal., 1 (1929), 184-191.
- X and gamma radiation measurement and the new international r unit. Sydney. University. Cancer Research Committee. Journal., 1 (1930), 222-231.
- The international r unit of x radiation and D unit of gamma radiation, and what they actually measure. Sydney. University. Cancer Research Committee. Journal., 3 (1931), 25-27.
| Previous entry
| Next entry
| Bright SPARCS