35, December 1995 ISSN 0811-4757
Edited and published by Tim Sherratt
Request for information about Camera Obscuras
Julian Holland has passed on to HASN a letter from Mike Feist, who is attempting to assemble a complete list of working and lost camera obscura around the world. For Australia and New Zealand he has the following information:
Can HASN readers provide further information? Mike Feist 's address is: Foredown Tower Camera Obscura, Foredown Road, Portslade, BN41 2EW, East Sussex, England.
- Toowoomba, Qld. The only definite working camera obscura in
- Dromana, Arthurs Seat, Mornington Peninsula. Reported up to
about 1966 but probably now gone.
- Sydney, Manly Beach. Built 1890. Now gone.
- Possibly one at The Powerhouse Museum. (They did not reply
to my letter)
- Ms Irene Goard of Photantique, 117 Flinders Street, Darlinghurst,
NSW may have one. (No reply received)
- Napier, New Zealand. Often reported and in an aquarium. Still
require some real facts.
- Palmerston North, Old Science Museum, North Island, NZ. (No
proper address - no reply)
[ Contents | Previous article
| Next article | HAST
| ASAPWeb ]